Wednesday, August 8, 2012

K-Cup Holder



I was so excited when my husband and I picked up our Keurig machine at Costco!! When you buy it there you get tons of K-cups!! One thing we didn't think of when buying it was where do all those little k-cups get stored in our apartment kitchen??  So some got stored in a drawer while the rest got put in a basket on the counter. Great idea except digging in the basket for different flavors....
We looked for a holder in stores but they cost about 25$ dollars for a nice one and still take up counter space which I really wanted to get back. So we decided a wall hanging on would work best for us. Big tip when buying you supplies use your craft store coupons!! If getting everything at once I suggest having a shopping partner so you can use 2 coupons if needed.

What you need
1 canvas that is 1 1/2 inch thick.
1 bottle acrylic paint
1 brush
1backing (we used photo matting)
crafting knife
template with circles
hot glue gun

To do
1. Cut you backing so that it fits into the back of the canvas.
2. Paint canvas your selected color. Ours is Martha Stewart pumpkin orange.


3. Cut your circle template. I cut mine using my silhouette sd. Took a couple tries to get the size circle that worked best for us.
4.Cut the circles out of the mat board. This was the longest hardest part. I need a better tool for thick cutting I think. 

5. Hot glue on to canvas and cut the canvas to wrap around the circles.
6. Hot glue canvas around circles.

                                      

7. Customize the front. Mine was again using my machine but this time the letters are cut out of vinyl!



And mine is all done!! I love it!!




Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I have the same Keurig, and this is a brillant idea! I must make one for our kitchen :)
    New follower
    xoxo
    Heather
    www.heatherlyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited when my husband and I picked up our Keurig machine at Costco!! When you buy it there you get tons of K-cups!! One thing we ... kcupsholder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete