Monday, November 25, 2013

Candy Cane Biscotti

A favorite in our house is biscotti. Probably because we love coffee and its sooooo tastey dipped in coffee. This is a very simple treat, it would make a great little side to coffee after dinner for your next small get toghether. Or my friend is packing it up and taking it on the road with her as she leaves tomorrow to head to her Thanksgiving destination. With Thanksgiving so late this year I am feeling very behind and December is a mighty busy month for us this year. I guess I best get moving on things!!

Candy Cane Biscotti

1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
3 1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
Chocolate for melting
Crushed candy canes


Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease or line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

In your stand mixer, mix together the oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugar. In a separate bowl mix together the flour and baking powder. Slowly add the flour to your egg mixture until a heavy dough is formed.

Half your dough and form a roll almost the length of your cookie sheet and flatten to about 1/2 inch thick. I found this easiest if my hands were just slightly damp and I flattened with the palm of my hand.

Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Once its cool to the touch slice into 1/2 pieces and place back on the cookie sheets cut side up. Back again for 6-10 minutes then flip and bake again.

Once cooled dip 1/2 of each biscotti into the chocolate and top with the crushed candy cane.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment