Friday, May 4, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies with rolo centers



Who loves a good home made chocolate chip cookie? Actually maybe a better question would be who doesn't? Now when I handed these out I was asked "Do you use a family recipe? These are the best ever" I answered "Sure its called Toll House". Its true I always just very simply follow the directions on the back of the chocolate chips bag. But this time I added a surprise center..a Rolo candy. Now I have seen these cookies with Oreo centers and Snickers centers but I wanted to try Rolo because I love caramel!

Now if you buy other chocolate chips (which is totally fine!) you can get the cookie recipe here. You need all the ingredients for regular chocolate chip cookies plus Rolos of course. My other change is cook at 350 degrees for 10-20 min all depends on your oven mine was at 15.

On a side note who hates cooking in other peoples kitchen? I made these at my bosses house and I felt lost the whole time even though I know their house as well as mine. I missed my cookie sheets and my oven.

Take a heaping tablespoon of dough and form a crater in the dough. Place the Rolo in the crater and add a small amount of dough on top roll in your hand to make a ball and cover the Rolo



These cookies will be larger than normal so fewer to a cookie sheet is necessary.


This will sound weird but when cooling turn up side down.

Or your caramel will leak out the bottom and leave a hole as seen here

Now enjoy! I think I will go have one now! 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't think Chocolate Chip Cookies could get any better, but with Rolos? Yum! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Visiting from Its Overflowing! I do love a good chocolate chip cookie! And I love rolos.. so this is a no brainer! YUM!!

    Im your newest follower! Would love a follow back if you like my site too! And if you want please share this at my Friday link party going on now. Off to check out your site some more :)

    ReplyDelete