Sunday, March 2, 2014

Toffee chocolate chip cookie bars and a cookie bar sundae



Ok so I have been slacking, and then I was ready to get back into the swing of things and my clumsy side came out and I hurt my leg!! But I am back up and moving (slowly) so I made these toffee chocolate chip cookie bars and then I made a sundae on it... yep ice cream on a warm cookie nothing better!!!



I have wanted to make a toffee cookie for awhile and then I thought adding chocolate chips would be a great addition and then the thought of cookie bars came to mind and then I made them into a sundae!!!!! So here ya go.


Toffee chocolate chip cookie bars

What you need
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup toffee pieces (can be found by the chocolate chips)
1 cup chocolate chips


What to do
Preheat oven 350°
In a medium bowl mix your flour, salt, and baking powder. In your stand mixer beat together your butter and sugar. Add your eggs one at a time and then the vanilla. Make sure its mixed well and slowly add in your flour mix.  Stir in your toffee and chocolate chips. Grease a 13x9 pan and press in your batter. I found that spraying my hands lightly and using them to press into the pan worked best.
 Bake 25-30 min.

Cookie bar sundae

All you need is to warm up a cookie bar for about 15 seconds in the microwave. Add a scoop of ice cream and some chocolate syrup and your toppings and yumm your done!!






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment