Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pink Lemonade Cupcake



Summer is almost here!! So you know you are seeing those cute kids on the sidewalk selling their lemonade. Me I like pink lemonade and the big thing this year seems to be adding it to cupcakes! You could so do this with plain lemonade or even maybe a lemon cake and do pink lemonade frosting...so many options and really that's what summer is all about.

What you need (found here)
1 box white cake mix
3/4 cup defrosted pink lemonade concentrate
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil
4 egg whites

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients. I also added a very small amount of coloring gel. I really wanted to use pink but the store only had rose. It was very bright and fun. I also didn't stir the coloring in completely so there was still some swirl in the color. Bake for 25 minutes or until a test poke comes out clean.

For my frosting I started out with 1 cup butter and 2 cups powdered 1 teaspoon vanilla and then just added a little bit of concentrate and more powder sugar till I liked the flavor and consistency. I also added the coloring gel to the frosting.

Enjoy these just as you would their liquid counter part! But a small warning they are a sweet sweet treat depending on how you like your frosting, but there is never anything wrong with that! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment