Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chocolate Chip Muffins!!



I can cook and blog again!!!! Ok I make that sound like I was physically incapable of blogging but the truth was I was overly busy moving across country. That's right my husband and I just moved from hot and sticky mid west Chicago land to the beautiful always perfect weather of southern California San Diego County!!
This was taken one night while eating at the beach! I love picnic night!

Well now that we have moved and gotten mostly settled in my husband is at his new job and for now at least I am playing housewife. So my goal cook more, craft more, and of course blog all those things. So lets start off with these yummy Chocolate muffins!

The recipe I originally went off of used oats instead of flour and used sugar substitute instead of white sugar.


CHOCOLATE MUFFINS

Ingredients 

1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar **
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar 
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt

1 cup hot water
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

** This amount of sugar might not be enough for everyone I wanted a less sugary muffin. This amount is based of a sugar substitute which would actually double the amount of sugar that was too much just taste before baking. 

Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 cupcake pans and spray with cooking spray.

Mix all your dry ingredients together in your mixer. Then add in your wet items. stir in half the chocolate chips and set the rest aside. 

Fill your muffin cups and bake for 10 minutes. DO NOT TURN OFF OVEN top your muffins off with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for another 2-3 minutes. Cool and enjoy! I will admit I addes extra chocolate chips  hehe.


Note my husband still calls them cupcakes....when will guys understand? 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Amy, thank you so much for your message on my blog and for sharing the link. I will check into it. You are very sweet. God bless

    ReplyDelete