Saturday, September 29, 2012

Halloween wreath



So I really had every intention of doing this blog late last week or over the weekend but things got a little crazy (more on that later). Its officially fall and just about time to start decorating the yard for Halloween so here is a very cute simple wreath for your door! Oh and the best part...its interchangeable!!!

So usually my husband And I go all out for Halloween but that was when we were in Illinois with a big front yard so this year I have my little door area at our apartment. And all over pinterest are wreaths of every kind! But I really liked this tutorial at Craftaholics Anonymous.

I changed a couple things for my wreath! I made my flowers from felt because I didn't like the colored burlap at my fabric store.

What you need!
-Wreath form (mine was 14inches)
- 1/3 yard of burlap cut into 2.5 inch strips
-Scraps of colored burlap or I used 2 page sized sheets of felt
-Hot glue gun and glue
-Coordinating buttons
-Alligator clips




Once you have a nice pile of bulap like this....


Take a strip and hot glue the end to your wreath form and start wrapping like this...

 One at the end of a strand glue it in place and continue with another until covered.
 Chai enjoyed helping me with this project!
The next step is to design your flowers. I just made mine up as I went along. But feel free to follow the steps on the original blog. 


After you make your cute little flowers glue a clip onto the back. Make sure not to glue the clip closed!

Now you can make the rings from extra burlap if you want. I didn't, I just slipped my clips in the over laps. But when I decided to add the little pumpkin you see I did have to add a strap for that to get it to sit right. 


I can't wait to take the accents off and come up with another design for the same form!!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment