Friday, October 18, 2013

Corn Flake French toast

So when your baby gets a cold, the cat scratches her face, then she bruises her face with a toy, and you have the same cold you forget that you had a blog planned. Pictures were taken food tasted great but your mind just forgets. Oh by the way all those things happened to my poor baby in a matter of like 3 days, my 9 month old looks like she got in a playground brawl. Its sad and makes me want to cry every time I look at her sweet face.

But anyways about the food!! My husband went to Seattle for a job interview before we moved to San Diego and ordered corn flake french toast and ever since when he hears or sees french toast he asked when I was going to make it for him at home so I finally did. Now I went all out for him and even made yummy bread just for this in the bread maker the night before, but whatever bread you would normally use for french toast in your house will work great too.













For the bread I used This Brioche recipe found at Food.com.

Ingredients for bread
1 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 3/4 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons bread flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 whole eggs
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons water
8 tablespoons butter cut into single tablespoons

Add all ingredients to your bread machine in the recommended order except the butter. Put the butter in 1 tablespoon at a time 10 minutes before the end of the first kneading session. For my machine the first session is only 10 minutes so I let it mix some then started adding the butter 1 tablespoon at a time letting it mix well between the additions. I put my machine on the the basic light setting.

When its finished open your machine but leave your loaf in and let cool for 20 minutes before removing.


Now for the yummy part!!!!

Corn flake french toast!

About 3 cups cornflakes curshed
1 tablespoon sugar
4 eggs (I do one egg per slice of bread)
Cinnamon
Bread slices


Mix your eggs and and cinnamon in one bowl and in another your conflakes and sugar.

Dip your bread slices in the egg and the press lightly in to the cornflakes on both sides.

Fry up on a griddle or in a hot pan and enjoy with some butter and warm syrup!!











Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment