Friday, October 4, 2013

Pumpkin bread with cream cheese filling

When I think fall and baking I always think pumpkin! There are always fun things to do with pumpkin all over the internet. So for this bread I actually couldn't find a bread that had the kind of filling I wanted baked in so I had to get creative which to be honest scares me! I like following recipes to an exact but over time I am learning to stretch my creative baking wings.

Here is the bread very easy by the way

Bread
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)


Preheat oven to 350°
Butter and flour a bread pan.

In a large bowl mix together flour baking soda and powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg with a whisk.
In a mixing bowl mix together sugar and butter until creamy.  Add eggs one at a time and vanilla. Slowly add in the flour mixture. By hand mix in the pumpkin and make sure its well combined.


Filling
12 oz room temperature cream cheese. I like the 1/3 less fat cream cheese just because it starts out softer.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla

Poor half of your bread mix into your floured bread pan.


Top with your cream cheese filling. The top off with the rest of your bread mix and spread out.


 (almost forgot a picture of the cream cheese step!)


Bake for 55-65 minutes. Let stand in the bread pan for 15-20 min. Take a knife and run along the edges.



Enjoy this little yummy treat!!

Pin It

2 comments: