Saturday, December 7, 2013

M&M peppermint bark cut outs

I really wanted to make some kind of bark but everywhere you look there is peppermint bark and I wanted something different. And yes I ended up with peppermint but they are little different. I originally planned on just chocolate and white chocolate with M&Ms but when I saw peppermint candy melts I just had to!!! I love the little red flakes in the white chocolate and the peppermint isn't over powering and of course M&Ms are just chocolate so I couldn't go wrong adding a little peppermint. But what makes these really fun is the shapes!! Can't you imagine yourself packing these cute little things up for your child's teacher? Oh and guess what it took me like maybe 30 min including the time in the refrigerator to harden!!! Oh and my husband says they remind him of peppermint mochas. In my house that't one of the biggest compliments out there.

What You need
8oz semi sweet chocolate
1 bag Wilton Peppermint candy melts
Red and Green M&Ms       
cookie cutters





What to do

Melt your chocolate in a double boiler. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and lay out cookie cutters. Once chocolate is melted and smooth place some chocolate inside a cookie cutter and spread to the edges with something like a chopstick. Once all filled place in the refrigerator for 10 min. Once chocolate has hardened melt the candy melts in the microwave and repeat on top of the hardened chocolate. While still warm place M&Ms on each candy. Harden again for about 15 minutes. to pop out of the cookie cutter use a paring knife along the edges. 











Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I will take some please! And I love how pretty they turned out! (P.S: in LOVE with the Christmas baking bears!)

    ReplyDelete