Sunday, January 29, 2012

Grandma's Clusters

Everyone has that one recipe that is at all family dinners or holidays. For my Family its my Grandmothers Chocolate Macadamia nut clusters. I think my grandma probably makes at least 2 or 3 batches when we are all around and unless she hides some there will not be not be a crumb left. And our grandmother is not stingy with her recipes so she gladly emails it to me when I loose it. Yes my grandmother emails she even tells me to make a folder on my computer to save recipes in. My grandmas up with the technology and since she put it in a local cookbook I figured she wont mind me sharing it with the internet world.


I do have to warn you macadamia nuts do run on the expensive side. I am lucky enough to live about a 8 minute drive from fisher nut factory and they have a store! So I buy just what I need and most are already halved, if yours are whole they easily cut.
(One whole one half)

My Grandmas Chocolate Macadamia nut clusters
8oz unsweetened or bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cube (1/4cup) butter
2 lg. eggs
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 Tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts halved
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Melt the 8oz of chocolate with the butter in a double boiler

Beat sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth

Combine chocolate and egg mixture until well blended. mix in flower and baking powder. Add the nuts, coconut and chocolate chips mix thoroughly.  Drop tablespoons on parchment covered cookie sheets (I used silpats) Bake 8-10 min. 


And then eat away at one the most chocolaty items ever!
(ignore the mess on my counter please)
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up!! I'm your newest follower!! Have you seen my Lisa Leonard giveaway yet?


    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you! I love your blog and I just entered your giveaway. Such great pieces she has!

      Delete