Thursday, September 5, 2013

Baked Apple Cider Donuts

So the calendar might not say its fall yet but I decided that bloggers follow a different calendar. I am seeing fall things being posted all over the place and my friend and I are already in the middle of planning Halloween posts. So my first fall thing is something I am missing from my years in the Midwest. There was this great pumpkin patch that my husband and I would visit or I would take the boys I was nanny for, and every year I had to get their apple cider donuts. A couple months ago my mother-in-law gave me a doughnut pan and I have been trying to figure out what kind to make and then it just hit me APPLE CIDER!! These are yummy and so simple, I combined multiple ideas that I found online. Some were originally fried some had a glaze some used pumpkin pie spice others apple pie spice. So I just kind of picked  what parts of the all recipes I found that I liked and made up my own little mix. So now you can make these and help trick your mind a little bit into thinking its fall. Even if it has been in the 90's here in San Diego.


Yields  12 donuts.

Batter
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
1/2 cup apple cider
1/4 cup milk (I used non fat)
2 eggs beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon melted butter

Preheat oven to 325° and spray your doughnut pan with no-stick spray Mix together all dry ingredients, then slowly mix in all the wet ingredients until a thick batter forms. Fill your pan 2/3 full and bake for 8-10 minutes.



Coating
3-4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
12 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix together the sugars and cinnamon in a bowl. Take a cookie sheet and cover it with wax or parchment paper. Put your sugar mixture into a pile on the cookie sheet. Take a doughnut and spread  the melted butter on both sides and then dip in the sugar mixture. Repeat with each doughnut.




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Is it 1/2 cup of Apple Cider?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! thank you for pointing out the typo! I will fix right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't trying to point out a typo...I just wanted to confirm before I started. :)

    ReplyDelete