Friday, September 20, 2013

Coconut Macaroons dipped in chocolate!

My husband loves coconut macaroons so I decided to be a nice wife and surprise him with some! Now let me be honest I thought these were going to be a lot harder than they were. I will say they are "easy peasy lemon squeeze". The hardest part was melting the chocolate, no joke. I mean why do I even try it in the microwave? I can never get it right...good thing I bought extra chocolate because the double boiler is always the best options for melting chocolate unless its candy melts those love the microwave.



What you need:
4 egg whites room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
4oz chocolate for melting
1 tsp butter

In a bowl whisk together the egg whites, sugar, salt, and vanilla until sugar is disolved. Stir in the coconut until everything is well covered.  Place small mounds on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Bake in a 325° oven for  15-20 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool.
While cookies cool go ahead and melt together your chocolate and butter in your preferred manner, I like the double boil on my stove. Dip the top or bottom of each macaroon in the chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Let set up in fridge for about 20 minutes.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment