Thursday, August 11, 2011

The cupcake thing!

So cupcakes are the thing to bake these days. I am trying and so far I got the cake part down but I am really having fun trying to decorate them different. I only have like 4-6 tips and I don't get to practice much but I always have fun!

These so far are my favorite! I got the idea from last years october issue of "Every Day with Rachael Ray" Magazine and I made about 3 dozen for a halloween party.

 Cupcakes
 Chocolate frosting
Cream cheese frosting
Red food coloring
Dark food coloring (black/green)
Pipping bag and tips

Use your favorite cupcake (these were just yellow cake to appeal to the masses). Cover with chocolate frosting.

In a small bowl put aside some cream cheese frosting and use food coloring to make the color of the eyes (in this case a light red) then in another bowl another very small amount died black or green (something very dark)

Take a tip  that would make wide lines and make your bandages across the chocolate with cream cheese frosting. Make sure to leave a spot open for the eyes.

With a small round tip make the dots for the eyes. To do the back dot on the eye I found it easiest to use a toothpick dipped in the dark colored frosting and just touch it to the red.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment